Please continue with your exploration titled Define Relationships in Series Circuits. You will be expected to talk to others. This work isn’t easy, but I know with perseverance you can figure out what I am looking for. Remember to be on your best behavior for our guest teacher. I tell everyone I have awesome classes, so remember that I have high expectations for your behavior.
Please know that the last page of circuit evaluations need to be done by hand first. You will check your work with a circuit simulator and then build the circuit. But you will be tested on these concepts by evaluating the circuit by hand. Here is how I would start attacking any circuit evaluation.
- Find the total voltage and resistance.
- Use Ohm’s law to find the total current.
- What do you know about the current in a series circuit? I bet you now know the current through each resistor.
- So you know the current through each resistor and you know the resistor value. I bet you can use Ohm’s law to find the voltage drop across each resistor.
- As always, remember your units and metric prefixes..
I hope this helps.
I will need 1-2 volunteers to take the Chromebooks back to the library. Could this happen in the last 5 minutes of class? Thank you!